We love music, and we love helping students learn and explore the beauty of music, too. The OKCPHIL offers a variety of educational opportunities, including in-class programs and orchestral concerts. For more information about any of our Education Programs, email email@example.com.
Join the OKCPHIL Educator’s Club to be the first to receive email updates on all our School Programs as well as other opportunities for your students!
Registration Now Open for 2023-2024 Youth Concerts & We’ve Got Rhythm!
Make sure you have all the information you need for registration by first reviewing the questions in the Registration Preview. The form will not save your progress if you leave the page before submitting.
2nd – 6th Grades + Beginning Band/Orchestra
Civic Center Music Hall
Leading the full OKCPHIL Orchestra on the Civic Center Music Hall stage, Conductor Shanti Simon brings us new Youth Concert programming for 2023-2024! These 50-minute concerts showcase the sights and sounds of the symphony orchestra, highlight each instrument within its musical family, and more! Registration opens Tuesday, August 29, 2023, at 12:00 pm.
November 13th & 14th, 2023 – 10:00 am & 11:40 am – Musical Stories
An exiting exploration of how music can tell stories! Discover how settings, moods, action, and more can be created through various musical elements like dynamics, tempo, and instrumentation.
February 13th & 14th, 2023 – 10:00 am & 11:40 am – Wild Blue Country
Wild Blue Country, a US Air Force Academy commercial band, joins the full OKCPHIL Orchestra to highlight an even wider spectrum of music and instruments.
To receive updates, be sure to enroll in the Educator’s Club!
We’ve Got Rhythm!
2nd – 3rd Grades & Beginning Band/Orchestra
Engage your students with symphonic music opportunities throughout the year as this beloved program returns for 2023-2024. The following elements are all available to participating schools:
- OKCPHIL Musician Visit
- A small ensemble of OKCPHIL musicians visit your school to perform! These interactive performances last just under an hour and can be modified to fit your schedule. Ensemble options range from string quartets to wind and mixed ensembles, and programming varies with each.
- 2nd-3rd grade shows are a fun introduction to live symphonic music and instruments; Beginning Band/Orchestra shows provide a deeper look and strive to inspire continued work with symphonic instruments
- Ensembles may travel throughout Oklahoma – email Education@okcphil.org to inquire about visits outside the Greater OKC Metro Area.
- Instrument Library
- Borrow our Instrument Playground instruments to use in your classroom for a hands-on experience. Participation in this element is subject to availability.
- Digital Resource Collection
- Access our curated collection of educational resources
- Youth Concert
- Attend one of our 2023-2024 Youth Concerts at the Civic Center Music Hall in OKC, featuring the full OKCPHIL orchestra. More details above.
All program elements are optional and subject to availability. The Digital Resource Collection is replacing the use of printed workbooks. To receive updates, enroll in the Educator’s Club!
Registration opens Tuesday, August 29, 2023, at 12:00 pm.
OKCPHIL Spotlight School
All Levels of Music Education
The Oklahoma City Philharmonic highlights a school or music education program at each Classics Concert! Spotlight Schools are offered:
- Free tickets for music students
- Discounted tickets for staff, families, and alumni
- School visit(s) from Maestro Alexander Mickelthwate
- Table available in the concert lobby to feature the Spotlight School’s music program
- Opportunity for students (small ensemble or soloists) to perform in the lobby before the concert
- OKCPHIL Facebook Live video discussing school’s music programs and connections with the Phil
- Mention in the concert as the OKCPHIL Spotlight School
- Access to a digital folder of resources to distribute to students/families/staff/etc to prepare for concert attendance
Note: All options are optional/customizable
2023-2024 OKCPHIL Spotlight Schools:
September 9 – Opening Night – Ardmore High School
October 7 – Gothic Midnight – Southeast High School, OKCPS
November 11 – Folk Roots – El Sistema Oklahoma
January 13 – Rachmaninoff – Crossings Christian School
February 3 – Brahms – Bethany High School
March 23 – Glorious Life – Dale High School
April 20 – Pines of Rome – Norman North High School
May 18 – Tosca – Heritage Hall
To apply to be an OKCPHIL Spotlight School in this or future seasons, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Artist Masterclasses
Open to the public, but best suited for High School, advanced Middle School, and University students
The OKCPHIL offers several masterclasses throughout each season with our featured guest artists where university music majors perform and receive feedback before an audience. Visit the OKCPHIL University Programs page for upcoming event details.
Schools, studios, and other groups are invited to attend together. Groups larger than 10 are encoraged to RSVP at least one week in advance, and groups larger than 25 are encouraged to RSVP at least one month in advance. RSVP by emailing email@example.com. RSVP is not required for groups of less than 10 attendees. To receive updates regarding masterclasses, be sure to enroll in the Educator’s Club!
Group Concert Tickets
The OKCPHIL offers special deals on group tickets for schools and educational organizations, subject to availability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Students with a valid high school or college ID may purchase up to two $11 Student Tickets for each OKCPHIL concert! Student Rush tickets can be purchased in person at the Box Office on the evening of the performance, beginning 1 hour to curtain. Student tickets can also be purchased online beginning the Wednesday before the concert. Best available seating is provided for Student Tickets. Seat locations are at the discretion of management. Student ID required for both in-person, and online tickets.