Our vision is to enrich the lives of those we touch, to enhance the cultural life of the community, to educate future generations about the value of music, to entertain our audiences, to elevate the quality of every performance, and to serve as a leader for positive community growth through the performance of excellent symphonic music, and to cooperate with other arts agencies for the betterment of our community.
OKLAHOMA CITY PHILHARMONIC
JOB TITLE: Development Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and oversee the planning, organizing, executing, and directing OKCPHIL’s fundraising programs, including: annual fund (individuals, corporate, foundations); planned giving; fundraising events; special campaigns; and volunteer memberships.
- Lead, develop, and manage strategies, season calendar, and corresponding budgets for annual development activities.
- Build the unearned revenue capacity of the Philharmonic by managing and personally soliciting groups of major gifts donors and coordinating the cultivation of new prospects; develop strategies to ensure continued growth of various aspects of annual giving campaign, in both individual and institutional giving, and the expansion of planned giving.
- Meet, communicate with, and cultivate current and prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish and ensure effective communications and stewardship of organizational relationships.
- Manage and coordinate development team efforts to include the Executive Director, development staff, Board committees and other volunteer leaders to ensure unified development efforts and accountability to deadlines and budgets, while continually monitoring quality and impact.
- Strategically plan and coordinate Music Director activities and role as relationship-builder and work with Artistic/Production team on including musicians and/or guest artists for various fundraising functions, as appropriate.
- Lead and manage the development solicitation process, the organization’s policy and procedures for gift acceptance, all gift options and their use, and ensure compliance to Oklahoma state fundraising registration requirements.
- Work with the Director of Marketing/PR to ensure uniform and collaborative communications and branding with all constituents.
- Direct and ensure an exceptional stewardship program through timely acknowledgement, appropriate recognition, and the effective use of donations according to donor intent.
- Oversee institutional giving efforts, including research, proposal writing, reporting requirements, and benefit fulfillment.
- Manage and coordinate OKCPHIL’s special events and donor stewardship opportunities, in collaboration with staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the management of a successful volunteer engagement program, to support various organizational needs and priorities.
- Mentor and monitor the Development team to ensure organizational, position-related policy, and procedures are followed and goals are achieved. Identify professional resources and development opportunities for the team.
- Coordinate Endowment related matters with the Oklahoma City Community Foundation and Oklahoma City Philharmonic Foundation.
- Participate as an ex-officio member on, and provide necessary staff support to Board development committee and Foundation Board, as necessary.
- Regularly attend all OKCPHIL performances.
- Other duties as assigned
- Veteran fundraising executive with a proven track record of securing major gifts, building long-term relationships, and moving prospects and donors through each stage of the giving cycle.
- College degree required with 5-7 years of successful experience in a supervisory or managerial role working in a non-profit development setting.
- Proven relationship builder with an ability to work with and motivate a broad spectrum of people, including staff, Board members, musicians, volunteers, and donors.
- Thorough understanding of and experience in fundraising techniques and with all processes involved in annual fund and/or capital campaigns.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in organizational budget planning, preparation, and management.
- Passion for and familiarity with performing arts is a plus.
- To apply, please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and three references to email@example.com by July 18, 2022.
Box Office Customer Service Representative
OKLAHOMA CITY PHILHARMONIC
JOB TITLE: Box Office Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
If you love music, the arts and are a “people person,” you may be the right fit for the Oklahoma City Philharmonic’s Box Office/Customer Service Representative.
We are currently looking for someone to join our Box Office team—someone with impeccable customer service skills, has a knack for numbers and easily adapts to digital technology. Experience in Paciolan or other ticketing software is a plus.
Daily job duties vary, and include relaying information on our season’s concerts to the public—on the phone, via email and in person.
Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional evening and weekend box office duties during OKCPHIL concerts.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and 403(b).
Please send a cover letter, and resume to Mark Beutler at Mark@okcphil.org.