Orchestra Librarian and/or Personnel Manager
The Oklahoma City Philharmonic is seeking an Orchestra Librarian and/or Personnel Manager for the 2019-2020 season. The vacancies may be considered as separate positions, but they could be filled by one candidate, depending on qualifications.
Job Summary: The Personnel Manager is a member of the management team and is responsible for hiring and communicating information to musicians for every service of the Oklahoma City Philharmonic in accordance with the Master Agreement with the Musicians Union and in consultation with the Music Director. The Personnel Manager attends all services by the orchestra and works as a member of the Operations Department in the logistical needs of running all services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Hire and schedule orchestra personnel for each service in an efficient, timely and effective manner according to the guidelines of the Master Agreement.
• Hire extra/substitute musicians in consultation with principal players and Music Director as required by instrumentation needs for all services.
• Prepare and distribute all concert call sheets, schedules and rosters for orchestra services.
• Maintain and distribute season schedules and distribute schedule change notices in compliance with the Master Agreement.
• Work with Operations Department regarding seating configuration for stage set-up.
• Administer the system of rotation for string players in consultation with principal players and the Music Director.
• Maintain confidentially and discretion in musician relationships; serve as primary resource for musicians on day-to-day issues.
• Promote positive relationships with musicians, staff and other relevant parties.
• Stay up to date with the most recent Master Agreements and all orchestra policies and procedures, and immediately bring any conflicts to the attention of management.
• Supervise and attend all services of the OKC Philharmonic and ensure proper breaks and service start and end times and take attendance; this includes any runouts and/or tours.
• Inform visiting conductors of work rules and related personnel issues.
• Coordinate all orchestra payroll information and ensures compliance with all appropriate contracts.
• Oversee and manage auditions and ensure compliance with Master Agreement regulations, including audition announcements and repertoire selection.
• Provide all appropriate staff with concert-specific musician rosters.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education/Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in music or arts administration.
• 3-4 years of experience, preferably working with a professional orchestra governed by a collective bargaining agreement.
• Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail and the ability to communicate with a variety of constituencies.
• Dedication, diplomacy and discretion.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Ability to work flexible and late hours as required by the OKC Philharmonic’s rehearsal and performance schedule.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three references to Kris Markes, General Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, March 15, 2019. Please contact by email only. Estimated start date is May 1, 2019.