Our vision is to enrich the lives of those we touch, to enhance the cultural life of the community, to educate future generations about the value of music, to entertain our audiences, to elevate the quality of every performance, and to serve as a leader for positive community growth through the performance of excellent symphonic music, and to cooperate with other arts agencies for the betterment of our community.
Education Interns are heavily involved with numerous Education programs offered by the OKC Philharmonic. Interns also receive additional exposure to concert production, administration, development, and marketing. Education Interns work directly with the Education Manager on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Delivering high-quality educational programs to a variety of age levels (includes concerts, family activities, school visits, adult programs, competition, guest artist events, and more)
- Engaging the greater OKC Metro community in partnerships
- Design and distribute promotional materials
- Communication with program participants/families, educators, administrators, musicians, etc.
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must be organized, deadline-oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of classical music is preferred
- A passion for music education (or the arts in general) is required
- Reliable transportation is required
This internship works well for various majors, including but not limited to, Music Education, Education, Nonprofit Administration, Arts Management, Performing Arts, Human Development, and Communications Schedule & Compensation. Weekly schedule is flexible, with an expected average of at least 10 hours a week in the office, plus occasional events on evenings and/or weekends. Internships are paid OR can be used for college credit (if agreed upon by your educational institution). Hourly
compensation is based on experience.
Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Qualified candidates will be contacted to participate in a formal interview. Email submissions are preferred. To apply, please send the following materials:
- A cover letter describing your interest and whether or not the internship is sought for credit
- 3 References (a list of contact information only; reference letters not required)
Please send materials to:
Jeana Gering, Education Manager – email@example.com