Our vision is to enrich the lives of those we touch, to enhance the cultural life of the community, to educate future generations about the value of music, to entertain our audiences, to elevate the quality of every performance, and to serve as a leader for positive community growth through the performance of excellent symphonic music, and to cooperate with other arts agencies for the betterment of our community.
OKLAHOMA CITY PHILHARMONIC
Title: Education Manager
Structure: Full Time
Reports to: General Manager
The Education Manager is responsible for developing, administering, executing, managing, budgeting and evaluating all Education and Community Engagement programs of the OKC Philharmonic. For a complete list of programs, visit www.okcphil.org/education.
The Education Manager will manage and facilitate a wide variety of Education and Community Engagement activities working closely with volunteers, musicians and staff. The Education Manager will represent the organizations to other arts, education and civic institutions to promote constructive working partnerships in the community and will work closely with local school districts, universities and teachers to meet and assess student needs. In addition, the Education Manager will develop all materials used in teacher, musician and volunteer training, as well as classroom materials for students.
– Bachelor’s degree in music or music education and three+ years’ experience in a professional setting is required.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe products.
– Knowledge of orchestral repertoire.
– A personable, team-player, who is able to work with a broad spectrum of people.
– Detailed and deadline oriented.
– Highly organized and able to work in an efficient and self-directed manner and under pressure.
– Excellent writing and communication skills.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs.
– Must have a reliable vehicle.
– Experience working with volunteers is desired.
– Salary is commensurate with experience.
– Full benefits are available.
– Due to the nature of some work taking place outside normal business hours, some schedule flexibility is offered.
Send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Apply by August 25, 2020.